Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to School

Well, it's that time of year again.  The kids are getting up early and heading to school, the weather is cooler and the apples are abundant.
We drive our kids 25 miles to school so unfortunately no bus
 arrives at my door every morning.  But the first day went off without a hitch.   We had uniforms out, backpacks and lunches packed.  It's a tradition around here that mom takes your picture before heading out the door on that first day.  I can't believe how they've changed from year to year right under my nose.  Joshua, especially.  He's the younger of the two but has now become the taller.  Madeline is 17 months his senior and it drives her crazy that people commonly mistake them for twins!

In other farm news:

We made the trip to the Great Minnesota Get-together.  Gary and I went back a second time just to check out the dairy goat winners.  And boy did we find one.  Melissa Czech of Century Farms was the big winner. www.centuryfarmdairygoats.com  She has it invited me to come to her farm for a tour and to check out all of her beautiful breeding stock.  I'm really excited.  I'm hoping to reserve a buck kid for next spring.


And of course what would the beginning of fall be without some apples.  I've been canning and baking like mad.  I officially canned 9 quarts and 12 pints of applesauce.  Thanks to Mary and Jerry to always providing us with the tastiest organic apples around!  No one even minds the occasional worm!



No comments:

Post a Comment