Monday, October 26, 2009

Nothin' yet

So I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up because alas....no news yet. I feel terrible for my 8 year old, Madeline. She told me this morning before I dropped her off at school not to check the mail because she wanted to be the first one to find out if we got the house. I tried to tell her we would be finding out by getting a phone call from the realtor but she never listens to me. When I picked her up from school she ran to the mailbox. There was a letter from Bank of America. She could hardly contain herself. It broke my heart to have to tell her it was just an escrow statement for the house we sold. Life is cruel! I'm hoping that halloween will be a distraction this week!

Speaking of halloween...looking for a way to get rid of all that candy? St Francis hospital in Shakopee and Park Dental are sponsoring a "Halloween Candy Buy Back" event on Monday, Novemeber 2 from 4-7 pm in the main lobby of the hospital. Children will be paid $1 per pound of candy they bring in. St Francis will then donate $2 per pound to the new Jordan area food shelf. The candy will be send to armed service men and women stationed overseas. What a fabulous idea! My kids will be so excited.

Hopefully I will have some exciting news to post soon. If you don't hear from me, I wish you all a wonderful and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment